Blog Journal #6

Diigo Controversy

Surprisingly, I did not enjoy Diigo at all. The system was pretty complex in regard to downloading and application. It took me a while to figure out how to post on Diigo so everyone can see it, and I didn't particularly like how the interface was set up like an older version of Twitter. I did enjoy being able to see what everyone else was highlighting or commenting about on the files everyone shared. I thought that was really practical to see what everyone else is reading and studying. Although, overall, I don't think I will use it again since I didn't like how the system was set up. 

Blogging Superiority

As one can tell by the heading, I really enjoy blogging and how blogger is set up. I find it fun to have freedom with my writing and tone (of course because I am an English Major) that I can't really do with discussion posts. Blogging almost seems like personal essays to me, which I really appreciate in this class! The most trouble I've had with blogging/blogger was how to set up a blog post. I didn't want my blogs to be numbers or just repeat the questions, so I try to develop an interesting heading that grabs people's attention. I've also learned that you should have fun and a creative experience when tasked with these assignments. When I first started this blogger account, I thought it had to be professional and modeled after a discussion post, but I've learned to have fun with my writing and assignments. 

Integrating Prezi into My Classroom

For my classroom, I wanted to go beyond the PowerPoint system and make education more interactive. I want to incorporate Prezi, an interactive type of PowerPoint, to keep the students engaged rather than flipping through slides. You can change the direction of the slides, add more images, and make a design that expands or shrinks into a different slide. I think it is also a really easy tool for teachers or myself to understand how to use and it would change up the student's expectations of a PowerPoint lesson plan. 
Prezi: https://prezi.com/

Comments

Popular Posts